Friday, December 22, 2006

Donate Life Float in the Rose Parade



If you watch the Rose Parade this year, be sure to look for the Donate Life Float (the artist's rendition is above). I purchased a rose in the memory of my organ donor, Sue, which will be part of the "Family Circle" on the float. This seemed like a particularly fitting tribute since Sue's passion was growing beautiful rose bushes. The tag on the rose I purchased says "In loving memory of the angel who saved my life. Please know that I think of you and honor your memory every day." Her daughter called me today because she received the certificate in the mail and we were both in tears. I'm really glad that this opportunity presented itself as a way to pay tribute to Sue. I think of her so often. I am looking forward to seeing the finished float in the parade.